05 Sep WHS Catapult Series – Supporting NextGen Leaders
The WHS Catapult Series is a new program aimed at offering up-and-coming women leaders working in homeland security a tailored set of training and networking opportunities. The events will focus on the specific needs of emerging women leaders to grow their confidence and competencies to achieve the important missions of their organizations. This is a critical initiative in building the next generation of leaders in homeland security. The program will be designed for women, aged 22 to 40 from the public and private sector, who are in the beginning phases of their career in homeland security. The Catapult Series will give rising stars the opportunity to:
- Connect with like-minded peers and discuss ways to achieve personal and professional success in the homeland security sector.
- Engage with women who are more established in their careers to hear their stories and build formal/informal mentoring relationships.
- Develop skills that will help build confidence and take their career to the next level.
Please take a moment to take our short survey to find out how this program can benefit YOU!
This program is chaired by WHS board member, Courtney Hammond.
Help needed: Planning team members for a new program for emerging women leaders
We are looking for a government representative or another vendor participant to join the WHS Catapult planning team. The Catapult Series will offer emerging women leaders working with homeland security a customized set of training and networking opportunities. This individual will have the opportunity to work with other emerging women leaders, promote women in homeland security, and gain experience developing new programming. Ideally this individual will:
- Understand the homeland security landscape
- Be familiar with the WHS organization
- Have experience with event planning
- Be passionate about empowering women leaders